So now it's Tuesday, July 1st, we're in Germany and we finally made it to the cousins' house. We are so exhausted because of the time change (6 hours) and the lack of sleep from the night before. After dinner, I think we made it to about 8PM and then I was so tired I fell asleep. I slept until 10AM the next day. On Wednesday, we bummed around town and chitchatted with the cousins. We took a drive to the Taubensteinbahn at Spitzingsee. It's a cable car to the top of one of the smaller mountains in the area. The cable car station at the top is 1613 meters (5292 feet) high, although the mountain peak is at 1885 meters (6184 feet). After a difficult walk we decided to forgo climbing to the top. The path was steep and lots of loose rocks which made slipping a possibility. The kids didn't want to do this path, so we opted for an easier path. The view was very scenic.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Summary of trip - Part 2
So now it's Tuesday, July 1st, we're in Germany and we finally made it to the cousins' house. We are so exhausted because of the time change (6 hours) and the lack of sleep from the night before. After dinner, I think we made it to about 8PM and then I was so tired I fell asleep. I slept until 10AM the next day. On Wednesday, we bummed around town and chitchatted with the cousins. We took a drive to the Taubensteinbahn at Spitzingsee. It's a cable car to the top of one of the smaller mountains in the area. The cable car station at the top is 1613 meters (5292 feet) high, although the mountain peak is at 1885 meters (6184 feet). After a difficult walk we decided to forgo climbing to the top. The path was steep and lots of loose rocks which made slipping a possibility. The kids didn't want to do this path, so we opted for an easier path. The view was very scenic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment