Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Day Before


It's hard to believe, but it's only a few hours left until the start of the summer of Brendan. I have set up this blog to keep you informed as to what's happening during Brendan Sabbatical 2008. I hope to show what the gang & I have been up to during this great opportunity.

Thanks to Arrow Electronics for seven great years (and hopefully many more) and for the opportunity to enjoy this very special benefit, aka, The Arrow Sabbatical. For those of you that may be unfamiliar with the sabbatical program, basically, after seven years, an employee is eligible to take a minimum of eight weeks off and a maximum of ten weeks off. In my case, I chose to take eight weeks. This way when I return, I'll still have two week off. Of course, in my case, I needed 7 and 1/2 years because I was eligible in January 2008, but I wanted to take off when my wife & kids were off for the summer.

No comments: